To use your Google Account in a browser (such as Chrome or Safari), enable cookies if you haven’t already.
Important: If you receive a message that cookies are disabled, you must enable cookies to use your account.
AndroidiPhone and iPad computers
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More settings.
3. In the “Privacy & security” section, click Site settings.
4. Click Cookie.
5. From here, you can:
• Enable cookies: Next to “Blocked”, turn on the switch.
• Disable cookies: Disable Allow sites to store and read cookie data.
Learn more about changing cookie settings in Chrome.
In other browsers
For instructions, please refer to your browser’s support website.
Why cookies are useful
A cookie is a file created by a site you visit. They facilitate your online experience by storing browsing information. With cookies, the site may:
• Let your session stay in.
• Given site preferences
• Provide you with locally relevant content
If you can’t use your Google Account and receive a message that cookies are disabled:
1. Follow the steps above to enable cookies.
2. Try signing in again.
If you’re still getting the error message, here are some possible solutions. Try each one, and then try to sign in.• Open a new browser window.
• Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Learn how to clear your cache and cookies.
• Browse privately. Learn how to browse privately in Chrome.
• Change your browser’s privacy settings. Learn how to change your privacy settings.